Film: 2 Days in the Valley
Scene: Caged Heat Catfight
|Teri Hatcher and newcomer Charlize Theron perform the most aggressive,
violent, arousing catfight in movie history. Two women, caught up in a tense plot
surrounding murder, are holed up in a hotel room, and begin getting on one another's
nerves. Charlize Theron starts making sexual inadequacy comments to Hatcher, which sparks
a brawl of groundbreaking proportions. Here's why:
- Notice how both women take full punching swings from alternating arms at one another's
faces, instead of the typical hair grabbing.
- The fight is a real brawl between two foxy women, not just butches in a bar.
- Neither of these women is an expert in the martial arts, so they are relying on their
resourcefulness and inner brutality to prevail - a real street fight.
- Listen to the sounds used for the punches. Instead of the typical Hollywood sound of
wood hitting a side of beef the sounds seem more toned down, realistic, almost gentle.
- Note how the women groan in response to being hit - it's almost as if they are enjoying
- Notice the look of SRH + arousal that Charlize experiences as Teri breaks a glass vase in
her face instead of the usual "over the head" routine.
- Witness the chaos of the situation. The two women knock over virtually everything in the
room with complete abandon. In particular, notice how they move around heavy objects such
as shelves, a TV, and throw one another over tables in the room.